Are there any patten library (attempts), i.e. Event frameworks, in frontends other than sclang?

Thanks for remember me.
The post arrived to me because of that so I have not read all messages, but yes it has patterns as can be seen in the music examples in the repo.
As there are no docs, all questions are welcome!!

In fact I began developing Lua2SC when I was trying to repair markov chains patterns generation in sclang. It was so intrincated that I felt that developing a new system would be more pleasant.

Maybe I overlooked it, but I didnā€™t see this one mentioned yet: https://github.com/josiah-wolf-oberholtzer/supriya

1 Like

Concerning supercollider and nodejs, the best way to solve this would be to create a lib using the node addon api to get true real time. But then instead to integrate it directly to nodejs, I wonder if it would just not make more sense to create a standalone sequencer/pattern manager and communicate with it using OSC message. This would make it agnostic to the programming language and could be use with almost everything.

Finally, we could eventually imagine that this standalone sequencer could communicate as well using web socket, so the UI could be done fully in JavaScript in the browser without any server side codingā€¦

osc-js has the possibility to communicate with SuperCollider from the browser. It uses WebSocket to talk to a node-js proxy that translates from websocket to UDP.

Regarding scheduling with timestamp to SuperCollider. There is a limit on how much data SuperCollider can buffer. So I had to schedule osc events a few seconds before they should play.

I actually started some days ago to implement a C++ OSC sequencer and there I made a small example with nodejs SuperSeq/demo_client at main Ā· apiel/SuperSeq Ā· GitHub

But I got tired of it and even if nodejs/javascript are great way to make quickly an app, at the end, i think it make more sense for me to write my app directly in C++.

There would be not much left to do to get my OSC sequencer working, all the part to send from Nodejs to the sequencer is done. Just need to make a small scheduler to send the message to Scsynth. Should be few more days of work (let see if one day I am motivated to finish it)