Building SuperCollider (and plugins) on Mac M1

Okay error resolved. I guess i should have noticed this myself but there is a typo in @madskjeldgaard README.md. It should be

./guttersynth.sh x86_64
not
./guttersynth-sc.sh x86_64

Also worth noting that i didn’t have command line tools or brew installed but once these were in place it all worked (with the exception of the VSTs). Thanks for all the help @thresholdpeople!

1 Like

Hi @madskjeldgaard a bit late to this discussion but was just trying to compile some Faust stuff using the online IDE for a Apple Silicon machine (not mine). Doesn’t seem to have an arm option, binaries only x64. I assume I could adjust your script to use arm64 and should work? Or is there an easier way these days.

Hi Scott – you should be able to use the -m flag – eg. -m arm64 when running faust2sc.py

You can also run faust2sc.py -h to get more info :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah sorry, didn’t see about the IDE. I don’t know if it uses the faust2sc.py script yet – haven’t checked. Otherwise open an issue, but the command line tool should get you there.

1 Like

I think they just haven’t updated the online compiler to do arm builds yet. I don’t believe this is a script issue. Command-line it is for now.

1 Like

Thanks both for the helpful replies!

Hmm…

clang: error: the clang compiler does not support '-march=native'