Considerable GUI lag at high resolutions

Hello,
I’m a new user, just installed the pre-compiled version of 3.11.2 from the website, and I’m running it on a 2015 Macbook Pro (Mojave).
My main issue right now is that the IDE is extremely laggy to the point of being unusable. This happens at high resolutions, such as if I try to run it fullscreen. Running it in a small window is fine, but is unusable in a different way. Running older versions from before it has the GUI introduced in 3.10.0 (i.e. 3.9.3) also seems to work fine at higher resolutions, so I can assume it’s the new GUI that isn’t responding well to the Retina Display. Is there some workaround for this? I couldn’t find a setting in preferences that pertained to this. Otherwise, should I just run 3.9.3?
Thanks in advance.

I don’t really know, but if you click on the SuperCollider app and press command-I, there is an option in the Info window to run at Low Resolution. I remember this being necessary at one point. Maybe it was on Mojave?

You could also try the 3.12 release candidate. The GUI stuff seems to work better there: Release 3.12.0-rc1 · supercollider/supercollider · GitHub

1 Like

The 3.12 release candidate did the trick! Thank you for the suggestion.