Future of the emacs library

Hi guys, it seems this thread has freezed long time ago, and I am curious if there are some plans with scel.

From my point of view, I miss only one thing, and thats the reason I am writing here.
I see no ability to run a code block within parentesis, without selecting whole thing. I think if it is possible in vim, in emacs it should be easy to implement. Or am I missing something?

C-M-x doesnā€™t work? it does in my scel. :grin:

1 Like

thanks Luka, I am a new guy in emacs, and somehow I was not able to find this.
best!

paum

I have the impression that Emacs can have a renaissance now, as it has the best conditions to absorb the most advanced tools today (including jupyter, lsp, github copilot, chatgpt, ai, IntelliSense etc), the same ones we have in vscode.

Scel can become much superior than scide. Also, there is a lot of potential integrating Sc and vscode.

Letā€™s take very good care of scel. Thatā€™s how I see it.

2 Likes

Hi all, I was tinkering with Emacs widgets, implemented in Scel, and the result are some new docs files. You can check the xmass edition PRs Pull requests Ā· supercollider/scel Ā· GitHub , comments are welcomed.

1 Like

Are scel widgets working correctly right now? I thought there were some problems (some minor) there right now.

youā€™re right. there are some minor bugs on lisp side. I just put together documentation, so one can easily see and try what is available and how it works. seems that scel github repository has no active admin. or maybe I am too pushy:)

Iā€™m not sure why this never happened. Could it be a deliberate decision by the developers? Perhaps itā€™s because the Emacs mode and the SC classes need to always be shipped together to avoid potential issues. (Although there is a PR in this direction right now)ā€¦

Interestingly, there is a sclang-extensions package available on Melpa, but itā€™s a somewhat puzzling situation. Iā€™m uncertain about whether itā€™s actively maintained.

No, itā€™s good to have more documentation. Well done.

I checked and it seems there are people there, but not much activity. I donā€™t know how itā€™s organized. It would be good to know.