HOAAzimuthRotator1-5: classes nonexistent

Hi

I’m in the process of moving my main working platform from OSX to Arch Linux. I’m getting errors for HOAAzimuthRotator1-5 at scide startup:

ERROR: Class extension for nonexistent class ‘HOAAzimuthRotator1’
In file:’…/…/…/…/home/sonictrojan/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/SC-HOA/classes/HOATransRotateAz.sc’
ERROR: Class extension for nonexistent class ‘HOAAzimuthRotator2’
In file:’…/…/…/…/home/sonictrojan/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/SC-HOA/classes/HOATransRotateAz.sc’
ERROR: Class extension for nonexistent class ‘HOAAzimuthRotator3’
ERROR: Class extension for nonexistent class ‘HOAAzimuthRotator4’
ERROR: Class extension for nonexistent class ‘HOAAzimuthRotator5’

Is there a fix - short of removing HOATransRotateAz.sc completely? Thx…

Hey Kameron, just noticed that this hadn’t been answered!

This class looks like it’s a part of the sc3-plugins package. This package is optional, but it’s generally assumed that this is installed with SuperCollider itself so dependencies on this tend to slip into everyones code and quarks.

You can download sc3-plugins here.

Hi scztt

Thank you for your response which i very much appreciate.

When I asked my question I had in fact downloaded and compiled sc3-plugins against the latest Arch Linux SuperCollider source package. However, after installation, the HOAAzimuthRotators1-5 were no where to be seen. Nor, for that matter, was JPVerb - which I’m really hacked off about because I use that a lot. This led me on a quest to compare my OSX installation with my Arch Linux one and I found the OSX packages to be more comprehensive and complete.

Even allowing for the fact that working with audio in Linux can be a more challenging prospect than working with coreaudio I find it puzzling if it were to be the case that the Linux version on SuperCollider and/or the Linux version of sc3-plugins were ‘stripped down’ given the FOSS philosophy that underpins both SuperCollider and Linux.

That said I’ve invested a lot of time in implementing my decision to use Arch Linux as my main driver going forward so I’ve no intention of going back now. :slight_smile:

I use Linux (Ubuntu Studio), and I use JPverb in performances regularly. I can assure you there is no deliberate effort to strip down sc3-plugins in Linux.

Are you building the plugins from source? If not, it’s an issue with the package; if so, maybe an issue with build configuration.

hjh