Problem installing a pseudo Ugen

Hey guys!

Having somewhat of a problem installing a pseudo Ugen I found on GitHub. Specifically, it is this one: https://github.com/bolkaaa/autotune

I have downloaded it and placed it in my “extensions” folder, restarted SC and recompiled class library. Everything looked OK…SC did recognize the UGen and had a helpfile for it…but…

When trying to run it, I get the following error:

“exception in GraphDef_Recv: UGen ‘AutoTune’ not installed.”

Any idea on why this happens and how to solve it? If it helps, I’m running the latest version of SC on a Windows 8.1 OS, 64 bit.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
It’s actually a ‘real’ UGen, instead of a pseudo UGen.
As far as I understand pseudo UGens are created with other (already compiled) SC UGens.
The Autotune UGen you want to use has a .cpp file that needs to be compiled.

This won’t be too hard, I hope. (I’m on OSX 10.15 by the way, SC 3.11.1)

I think there’s an issue with the supplied CMakeLists.txt, since it has some absolute paths in it. These should be relative, I’ve changed the file to this (without knowing too much of CMakeLists files):

cmake_minimum_required (VERSION 2.8)

project (AutoTune)

include_directories(${SC_PATH}/include/plugin_interface)
include_directories(${SC_PATH}/include/common)
include_directories(${SC_PATH}/external_libraries/libsndfile/)

set(CMAKE_SHARED_MODULE_PREFIX "") 
set(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS	"-std=c++11 -g -Wall -Wextra -Wconversion")

if(APPLE OR WIN32)
	set(CMAKE_SHARED_MODULE_SUFFIX ".scx")
endif()

link_directories(/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/)
add_library(AutoTune MODULE AutoTune.cpp mayer_fft.c mayer_fft.h)

The line link_directories(/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/) can also be left out I guess.

You have to download the SC source files from Github and link to them instead of ‘/path/to/sc/’ in the line below, for me this line was cmake -DSC_PATH=~/Downloads/supercollider ..
So from Terminal I ran:

mkdir build && cd build
cmake -DSC_PATH=/path/to/sc/ ..
make

I have the UGen compiled now, and it’s not crashing and making … sound. Not sure if it’s the desired effect :wink:

1 Like

Thank you so much!! I will give it a try! Contacted the creator, and he told me it only works on Linux (dunno if this information helps)