Using TidalCycles to control SynthDef's in SuperCollider?

Just as the title says, I’m trying to figure out how to use TidalCycles to control SynthDef’s in SuperCollider. I’ve seen few people try to do this, where they have the SynthDef ready to go in SC, then set their own parameters in TidalCycles. Are there any resources on how to do this? I’d appreciate any help.

2 Likes

Bumping; interested as well.

I think the reason why nobody has answered in over two weeks is that this is really a Tidal usage question, and not a SuperCollider question per se.

It’s not a bad thing to ask it here, just ineffective – if you’re in a room with a bunch of physicists and you start asking them microbiology questions, the probability of getting a relevant answer is lower than taking the question to the room full of microbiologists.

For myself, I know of Tidal but I don’t use it, so I don’t know how to answer this question.

hjh

It got answered here -> https://www.reddit.com/r/TidalCycles/comments/c0gmw3/using_tidalcycles_to_control_synthdefs_in/

if you have any other questions, you can ask them here. I was able to get my synthdef’s working in Tidal.