VSTPlugin 0.5 pre-release

Yeah, it would be nice, but not essential by any means. Sadly, I’m in no position to hire a contractor, but I can always just install some VSTs.

Tbh, I haven’t installed VSTPlugin yet. For my workflow, it’s not really necessary (I do most processing afterwards in Live or Reaper). But it does look very interesting for modulating plugin controls. Thanks again for all your work. :slight_smile:

Btw, what is the IEM?

https://iem.kug.ac.at/en/institute-of-electronic-music-and-acoustics.html

1 Like

have it in the extensions folder but getting the same error. I’m on M1 so maybe that’s it?

Are you sure? Where/how did you download and install it?

I’m on M1 so maybe that’s it? got it from the iEM page

Can you share the exact link?

Thanks! But I need the exact download link. Btw, the most recent version is 0.5.4.

I got the VSTPlugin working on my M1 running under Rosetta 2.

hmmm i don’t seem to have the option to open in rosetta?

That’s still not a download link… which link did you click to download the extension? The link should start a download, not open a website.

You don’t have to do anything, Supercollider runs seamlessly under Rosetta 2.

What I’m trying to get at: are you sure that you really downloaded the binaries - and not just the source code? Does your VSTPlugin folder contain a subfolder plugins with a file VSTPlugin.scx?

As a side note: the binaries are not notarized, so on recent macOS versions you probably have to circumvent the GateKeeper. See Pure Data libraries / vstplugin · GitLab for more information.

You are already running in Rosetta, that is what happens on a M1 when you open SC - the latest official SC build or anything older - Rosetta does the work behind the scenes.