3.10 Duplicate Deprecated Classes

Hi,

I built SuperCollider and SC3-Extensions today under Ubuntu 18.04 and when running the new release, I received the following errors. What is the best way to correct this?

compiling class library...
	Found 847 primitives.
	Compiling directory '/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/SCClassLibrary'
ERROR: duplicate Class found: 'OSCresponder' 
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/SCClassLibrary/deprecated/3.10/osc/OSCresponder.sc
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/SCClassLibrary/deprecated/3.9/osc/OSCresponder.sc

ERROR: duplicate Class found: 'OSCMultiResponder' 
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/SCClassLibrary/deprecated/3.10/osc/OSCresponder.sc
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/SCClassLibrary/deprecated/3.9/osc/OSCresponder.sc

ERROR: duplicate Class found: 'OSCresponderNode' 

ERROR: duplicate Class found: 'OSCpathDispatcher' 
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/SCClassLibrary/deprecated/3.10/osc/OSCpathResponder.sc
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/SCClassLibrary/deprecated/3.9/osc/OSCpathResponder.sc

ERROR: duplicate Class found: 'OSCpathResponder' 
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/SCClassLibrary/deprecated/3.10/osc/OSCpathResponder.sc
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/SCClassLibrary/deprecated/3.9/osc/OSCpathResponder.sc

ERROR: duplicate Class found: 'AudioIn' 
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/SCClassLibrary/deprecated/3.10/AudioIn.sc
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/SCClassLibrary/deprecated/3.9/AudioIn.sc

ERROR: duplicate Class found: 'SplayZ' 
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/SCClassLibrary/deprecated/3.10/deprecated-3.10.sc
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/SCClassLibrary/deprecated/3.9/deprecated-3.9.sc

ERROR: duplicate Class found: 'SharedOut' 
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/SCClassLibrary/deprecated/3.10/deprecated-3.10.sc

ERROR: duplicate Class found: 'SharedIn' 

Compiling directory '/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/Extensions'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/Extensions'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/Vowel'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/Bjorklund'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/rd_dot'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/JITMIDIKtl'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/arduino'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/ddwPatterns'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/ddwGUIEnhancements'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/XML'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/Canvas3D'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/crucial-library'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/ddwCommon'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/ddwMixerChannel'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/panola'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/CaesarLooper'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/Wavesets'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/miSCellaneous_lib'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/BBCut'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/Dimple'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/Dirt-Samples'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/SuperDirt'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/adclib'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/JITLibExtensions'
	Compiling directory '/home/mitch/.local/share/SuperCollider/downloaded-quarks/wslib'
ERROR: There is a discrepancy.
numClassDeps 2900   gNumClasses 5782
Library has not been compiled successfully.

Regards,
Mitch

Hi Mitch,

The solution here is to simply delete /usr/local/share/SuperCollider/SCClassLibrary/deprecated/3.9.

This happens when installing a new minor release on top of another. I’d suggest removing previous versions before installing new ones. However, it should be fine to install a patch release on top of another within the same series (3.10.0 -> 3.10.1).

Cheers,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Thanks very much. That did the trick. Do you think that your instructions on removing a previous version before installing a new one should be added to the top of the “Installing SuperCollider from source on Ubuntu” instructions?

Regards,
Mitch

I’m watching this thread as I’m going to be trying to update SC from source on Ubuntu Studio quite soon. Instructions as to how to remove the previous install would also be useful: I don’t fully understand where everything goes!

Thanks,

Hello, how did you solve that? I am a very new learner and also met the problem almost the same, considering deleting which folder.
In my “0.0.4 2” folder, scxFiles is empty and Helpsource is great, contains .hpp, .md and .h
In the upper folder “OversamplingOscillators”, scxFiles and Helpsource are great, however, it has no .hpp, .md, or .h(I do not know if this matters). I think I should delete 0.0.4 2, but not sure.

OK, I have solved it…