All-time & most admired SC project

There are no rules, however… A brief explanation of only one highly regarded project involving SC (however remotely…) and along with one ideal link to allow a channel of further discovery for those most interested, is preeminently suggested upon the premise of it’s transcendence.

Tidal & Cells

1 Like

It is currently December 2021… SC 3.4.4 was released almost exactly a decade ago.

The most outstanding & groundbreaking since then (as well as honorable mentions…) deserve a proper retrospect, as an addition to the archives… a "time capsule…"

> The most outstanding & groundbreaking since then *(*as well as honorable mentions…) deserve a proper retrospect, as an addition to the archives… a "time capsule…"

What’s your budget for the awards?

for me it has got to be lnx_studio. such a nice project and obviously a labour of love with its pixel perfect graphics and polished feature set and documentation.

i am regularly amazed how the sc code instrument of lnx_studio gives you an immediately playable synth from nearly any old synthdef often without any editing needed whatsoever.

I wish it was a little more polished (i use the linux version which has some rough edges) and available as a quark so it could get more use.

1 Like

:o I wasn’t even aware it works on linux now.
In the same spirit, I think TX Modular deserves mentioning (http://palemoonrising.co.uk/)

1 Like

@neilcosgrove (props)

So far…

- Tidal & Cells

- LNX Studio

- TX Modular

1 Like

Great suggestions, I’ll be checking these out to use at school with the students. I have to say I hadn’t come across these apart from Tidal - which reminds me, is Ryan Kirkbride still developing FoxDot, if so, that should also be in the list.

The ambisonic toolkit I think is up there. It is the most thorough, open and well documented ambisonic toolkit out there, no matter the software environment. It is quite revolutionary for the field of immersive audio.

https://www.ambisonictoolkit.net/

3 Likes

This has all been excellent so far…

To round off our list, a killer honorable mention… the Yamaha DX7 Clone, an SC emulation of an all time classic, and made with exhaustive precision… it includes all 2^14 presets in the form of SC-readable & exact integer sequeneces.

1 Like

SuperDirt: where I started with SC. Very few to configure, runs usually very well without any tweaks or having to think about it. Just get the work done, on any platform, with the possibility of fine-tuning the performances.

1 Like