ATK Toolkit and Dolby Atmos

I use the Ambisonic Toolkit.
Are there any resources relating to its use & Dolby Atmos.
Thanks

I’d suggest browsing for discussions on Dolby Atmos & Ambisonics in general.

Ambisonics is “loudspeaker agnostic”, in that we can target a loudspeaker array after we’ve created our project. A quick review of Dolby’s Speaker setup guides page list a wide range of possible arrays.

Given Atmos supports 5.1 and 4.1 layouts, you could use the off the shelf FOA 5.0 and FOA Quad (FoaDecoderMatrix.newPanto in the default setting).

If you’d like to go HOA, with some of the other arrangements found in the Dolby Atmos® Home Theater Installation Guidelines document, our suggested route is to use the ADT quark in conjunction with the
Ambisonic Decoder Toolbox. The Ambisonic Decoder Toolbox can be used to design custom decoders for a variety of arrays, including those found in the Dolby Atmos collection.

Here’s an example from the ADT quark documentation illustrating how to design a decoder for the ATK. Aside from installation of the necessary components, all you’d need to do is to replace the assigned ~directions with those of your target array. (For a single sub, just use W.)

For instance:

/*
DOLBY ATMOS HOME THEATER INSTALLATION GUIDELINES | 36
Figure 19: Standard 7.1.4 setup with overhead speakers.

https://www.dolby.com/siteassets/technologies/dolby-atmos/atmos-installation-guidelines-121318_r3.1.pdf
*/

// arranged as anti-clockwise, reorder as required
~directions = [

// floor
	[ 0.0, 0.0 ],  // front center
	[ 30.0, 0.0 ],  // front left
	[ 90.0, 0.0 ],  // side left
	[ 135.0, 0.0 ],  // back left
	[ 135.0.neg, 0.0 ],  // back right
	[ 90.0.neg, 0.0 ],  // side right
	[ 30.0.neg, 0.0 ],  // front right

// ceiling / overhead
	[ 45.0, 35.26 ],  // front left up
	[ 135.0, 35.26 ],  // back left up
	[ -135.0, 35.26 ],  // back right up
	[ -45.0, 35.26 ]  // front right up

].degrad;

That’s great, thanks for all the info.
I enjoy using the ATK toolkit, even just in stereo…