Building SC in spring 2024 on macOS14, Ubuntu 22 and Windows 11

Hi there,
Last autumn I had no problems building SC on MacOS12.6.x (version not sure) and Ubuntu22.02 (version not sure).

This spring I had no success building it on MacOS 14.X (silicon) and Ubuntu 22.04-ARM. After trying various methods described on GitHub, I had some success in building with errors. However, SuperCollider does not work because the post window returns that it was unexpectedly terminated.

What about on Windows (never tried to build on Windows)

What is the current way to get an error-free SC build? I do not need to test the edge version of SC and I can still use Mojave occasionally.

Hello @prko! I don’t have problems building it on Fedora 39. Would you be willing to give it a try?

(I’m not sure, but I think the issues are resolved; maybe we need to assemble the solution for each issue on macOS in one place?)

1 Like

Thank you!

I was able to install Fedora 38 on my machine.

There are some error messages while building, but SC-IDE works and I was able to test what I needed!
Thanks again!

1 Like

Building SC on Fedora, Debian, and Ubuntu was done with some errors.
They seem to all work.

However, on macOS 14.4.1 (apple M1), building from source is failed. Hm…

Here is what I did on mac (m1):

git clone --recursive https://github.com/SuperCollider/

cd supercollider

mkdir -p build

cd build

cmake -G Xcode -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="--std=c++17 -Wno-enum-constexpr-conversion -D_LIBCPP_ENABLE_CXX17_REMOVED_UNARY_BINARY_FUNCTION" -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=`brew --prefix qt5` ..

cmake --build . --target install --config RelWithDebInfo

error report:
error 1.txt (2.6 MB)

Then

cmake -G Xcode -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="--std=c++17 -Wno-enum-constexpr-conversion -D_LIBCPP_ENABLE_CXX17_REMOVED_FEATURES" -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=`brew --prefix qt5` ..

error report:
error 2.txt (2.5 MB)

Then

cmake -G Xcode -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="--std=c++17 -D_LIBCPP_ENABLE_CXX17_REMOVED_FEATURES" -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=`brew --prefix qt5` ..

error report:
error 3.txt (2.1 MB)

Then

cmake -G Xcode -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="--std=c++17 -D_LIBCPP_ENABLE_CXX17_REMOVED_UNARY_BINARY_FUNCTION" -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=`brew --prefix qt5` ..

error report:
error 4.txt (2.1 MB)

Executing brew reinstall libsndfile does not resolve the problem.