Can not select the required output ports

Hi,
When I boot the server I get a long list of available devices. Part if it is this:

• Windows DirectSound : Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio) (device #14 with 0 ins 2 outs)
  • Windows DirectSound : Speakers (GIGAPort HD Audio driver) (device #15 with 0 ins 8 outs)
  • ASIO : ASIO 2.0 - ESI GIGAPort HD (device #16 with 0 ins 8 outs)
  • Windows WASAPI : GIGA HD 1/2ch (GIGAPort HD Audio driver) (device #17 with 0 ins 2 outs)
  • Windows WASAPI : PL3272UH (NVIDIA High Definition Audio) (device #18 with 0 ins 2 outs)

So I try te select the ASIO driver like this:

(
o = Server.default.options;
o.outDevice_(“ASIO : ASIO 2.0 - ESI GIGAPort HD”);
o.numOutputBusChannels = 8;
Server.default.reboot;
)

But it doesn’t work. The output says:

Requested devices:
In (matching device found):

• Windows WDM-KS : Line In (Realtek HD Audio Line input)
    Out (matching device found):
  • ASIO : ASIO 2.0 - ESI GIGAPort HD

Requested devices Windows WDM-KS : Line In (Realtek HD Audio Line input) and ASIO : ASIO 2.0 - ESI GIGAPort HD use different API. Setting output device to Windows WDM-KS : Output ().

It seems Input and Output need to use the same API. But There is no ASIO with inputs.
Does this mean I can not use the ASIO driver for the GIGAPort HD interface?

I’m unfamiliar with your interface but to use ASIO with my device my startup file has this

// set to use ASIO driver when available
o = Server.default.options;
o.inDevice_("ASIO : ASIO Fireface");
o.outDevice_("ASIO : ASIO Fireface");
// all in out channels available
o.numOutputBusChannels = 18;
o.numInputBusChannels = 18;
// default sampling rate
o.sampleRate = 48000;

You might try setting the input bus channels to zero

Your device seems to have inputs and outputs. Mines has only outputs. I also did add other ASIO devices with inputs and select those for the input so that I have ASIO for input and ASIO for output. But it complains that these interfaces can not be mixed. So it needs to be the same ASIO device?

But the good news is that setting the numInputBusChannels to 0 worked! So I can output the 8 channels now!
The problem is however that I will need inputs too in some later stage of the project. But for now I can proceed. Thx.