Confused about sending signal to multichannel interface and/or BlackHole 64ch

Hi, kind of a newbie to SuperCollider, so I hope there is an easy answer! Basically, I CAN get SuperCollider to output signal to channels 1 & 2 of my audio interface and/or BlackHole 64ch. However I CANNOT get SuperCollider to output signal to any of the higher channels. I confirmed that I am able to send signal from Logic Pro to any channel on the interface and/or any channel on BlackHole 64ch, so I think the issue is with SuperCollider (or my ignorant use of it!).

//This works and sends signal to channels 1 & 2 of BlackHole 64ch (or my audio interface if I set that as the device)
Server.default.options.outDevice_("BlackHole 64ch"); //reboot so this takes effect
SynthDef(\someBrownies, {OffsetOut.ar([0,1], BrownNoise.ar([0.1, 0.1]))}).store;
~testBrownies=Synth.new(\someBrownies);

//But this doesn't work. It seems like this should send signal to channels 3 & 4 of BlackHole 64ch (or my audio interface)
Server.default.options.outDevice_("BlackHole 64ch"); //reboot so this takes effect
SynthDef(\someBrownies, {OffsetOut.ar([2,3], BrownNoise.ar([0.1, 0.1]))}).store;
~testBrownies=Synth.new(\someBrownies);

What am I doing wrong?
Thank you!!

Sorry, I should have said I am using a MacBook Pro M1Max OSX 12.6.2
SuperCollider is 3.12.2

Here is the same question answered from last week :slight_smile:

SC defaults to 2 channel output so as Sam points out you need to define how many outputs you want before starting the server. For even more related settings check the ServerOptions help file.

1 Like

oh my god, thank you so much!!! I was hoping it was something so easy!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: