Customized autocompletion

Would it be possible to add strings to the autocompletion system in ScIDE? And if so, where do i add them?

1 Like

Currently, no.

On Mac or Linux, you could try the ddwSnippets quark (see the Using Quarks helpfile if you’re not familiar with quarks extension packages). On Windows, unfortunately there’s a bug that causes the snippets quark to insert text in the wrong location. The bug is in the communication between the IDE and language so I’m not sure it’s fixable in quark code.

hjh

1 Like

I’ll give that a try. Thanks!

For the sake of completeness: I can’t do anything about the broken ddwSnippets behavior in Windows because the IDE backend has no support to get the document selection asynchronously. It depends completely on synchronous document-state mirroring, which is currently not reliable in Windows. (It’s fine in Mac and Linux.)

So this issue needs to be fixed, and then ddwSnippets will work in Windows. https://github.com/supercollider/supercollider/issues/4592 Until then… there’s no way I can work around it.

hjh

Hmm… i can’t get it to work. As i understand the help file i should press ctrl+` (which involves the shift key on a Swedish keyboard) and then type something that i’ve put into the dictionary. Nothing happens when i press ctrl+` though. It should bring up a little window or something?
On a mac with SC 3.10.4.

See the help file under “Configuration” – first you have to teach it the hotkey you want (DDWSnippets.learn) and then write the configuration to disk for the next session (DDWSnippets.write).

hjh

Ah, i misunderstood that part. Works fine now! Thanks again.