Do we need this forum?

I think the developer community can make their own decisions and we should respect that. I’m fairly confident some of them will join this forum and they’re also very accessible on Slack.

Yes we need a forum. The fact that there is a SuperCollider Facebook community is proof of that.

The fact, that there are users in here, does probably mean there is a demand for it!
I’m absolutely no fan of forums (having gone through a bunch of phpbb’s in my lifetime), but I’m grateful this is here.
I often wish mailman was more accessible (but the hyperkitty frontend for easier mailing list archive browsing will still take some time to land in distros).

btw: there’s also #supercollider on https://freenode.net! :slight_smile:

First I’ve been a bit sceptical as I like the pure email format. But after some days of being around I must say that I really like it. I use it in email mode and on occasion I go to the forum page. The discourse features are well thought through, everything feels smooth and easy. An important point is that it invites people to become initiative, start tutorial topics etc. This is very good for the community, I hope the momentum keeps on, thanks to the people that carry the effort!

2 Likes

Hello! Yes, this looks great!

Greetings from Vienna
Tim

I never liked slack and kind of stopped participating in the SC community after the switch to that platform, so I’m happy this forum exists.

definitely enjoy this form of forum lots more than the others

1 Like

Hi,

I am coming from Sonic Pi, own a Monome grid and am currently starting with Supercollider. This forum will probably be very usefull for me (once I mastered the basics and are facing more specific problems).

1 Like

I like it and have been starting to use it more. I currently get emails from both this forum and the old sc-users mailing list, but I am kind of preferring this platform nowadays.

1 Like

Another vote for this forum - outside of commercial walled gardens and pleasant to use - it would be nice to see conversation consolidate here…

1 Like