Fall 2020 Notam SuperCollider meetups and workshops

Hello everyone

We have another season of online SuperCollider meetups planned, all starting at 7pm GMT+2 (Oslo Time). There’s even an introductory workshop on patterns in there as well! It’s all free and everyone is welcome to join.

August 31 , 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

SuperCollider meetup August 2020

September 2 , 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

A gentle introduction to SuperCollider Autumn 2020: Patterns

September 28 , 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

SuperCollider meetup September 2020

October 26 , 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

SuperCollider meetup October 2020

November 23 , 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

SuperCollider meetup November 2020

https://notam.no/events/

8 Likes

I would love to join but I don’t have mic/cam at the moment for zoom - would it be alright to just sit in and observe?

Yes! The most important thing is that you can see what I am doing :slight_smile:

And for the meetups as well it’s fine. What we have done before when people have had troubles with the camera is have them post code on pastebin or something similar which can then be shared and looked at by everyone else :slight_smile:

Tonight, 7PM GMT+2: First SuperCollider meetup of the season!!!

Meeting ID: 974 3258 0111

Link: https://zoom.us/j/97432580111

3 Likes

sweet! thank you so much for the reminder!

Will this session be recorded and uploaded to youtube by any chance?
so we could watch it again on our own and review the lesson in the future.
I know you uploaded a basic intro to supercollider workshop last year to your youtube channel; will this one be uploaded as well? :stuck_out_tongue:

really appreciate all the work you’re doing!

Lastly, I was just wondering if an Introduction to Synthesis/Sound Design workshop might be considered for the future?
As a beginner to SuperCollider, I think what confuses me and what I have a hard time with is often not the SuperCollider language itself, but the lack of knowledge and experience in Synthesis and Sound Design (since I had no prior experience with electronic music/daw/vst/synth plugins, etc). Like learning how to use the chisel but being foreign to the wood material i’m working with. :sweat_smile:

I just started reading Soundonsound’s synthesis series but a workshop on Synthesis and Sound Design would be awesome! This is totally not a shameless request :rofl:

I will try and record it and put it on YouTube afterwards but cannot promise anything :slight_smile: I’m trying to record it but I am not great at Zoom so I could end up screwing it up haha.

As for the second - that’s a great idea!

1 Like