Generally recommended supercollider version?

Tidalcycles has an install script for mac os, which currently installs SuperCollider-3.10.3-macOS-signed.zip.

It doesn’t work well for big sur, and I’d like to update it to the current 3.11.2.

The supercollider download page currently lists three versions, one for mac os 10.10-10.12, one for 10.13-10.15, and one for 11 (big sur).

So I’m wondering how to get the script choosing the same one… I don’t suppose someone already wrote a script to download the right version depending on the OS version?

I’m also wondering whether this is really needed - does the version with the big sur fix run on earlier os versions?

Big Sur was meant as a sort of a pun, meaning Big Surprise… I’m wondering…

Let us know if you were ever able to get the script you were after…

I don’t own a mac unfortunately, so if I’m able to find out how to do it I don’t really have a way to test it.

I’ve never used tidalcycles, but it looks like there is a direct link in the script to the download zip (for SC and for the plugins - lines 258 and 269 I think) - I’d try replacing both with direct links to 3.11 big sur download and 3.11 plugins and see what happens.

1 Like

@MarcinP Thanks, I’ll give it a go. But this makes me wonder, if that version works for everyone, perhaps it would be better to just have that one download for Mac people on the download page?