Group Volume display

Hey everyone, I gotta ask this, is there a way to access(display ) the volume from a group ?

I explain i have multiple signals who go through a final group, this is not for mixing but using the volume value to adjust a dynamic Eq on percussions.

I know the option remain to make an extra synth but maybe is there a built in solution? I am not really familiar with groups…(even though I use them all the time haha)

thanks heaps =)

Extra synth at the end of the chain is the solution, I believe.

thanks, i ended changing my last gate synth where all signals pass to add an extra Out.ar routed to the Eq synth

I’m not sure if it’s precisely what you’re looking for, but… I do all my signal routing through MixerChannel (I forget if the quark is named ddwMixer or ddwMixerChannel, I think the former).

It automatically manages groups, buses and execution order between mixers, keeps source and effect synths separate, and offers post-fader and pre-fader sends. The design is basically unchanged since 2005 (which means it’s stable, mature, and has handled everything I’ve thrown at it for over 15 years).

If I understand your use case, I’d have an effect synth on the percussion channel with a control input for what you’re calling “volume.” If I then map that to a GenericGlobalControl (ddwCommon quark), then I can stick a GUI for the GGC object into pretty much any GUI context.

I’m not totally clear what your “dynamic EQ” is doing, so I could be off base. Just mentioning that there’s at least one framework to make group/bus management about as close to painless as I can imagine.

hjh

1 Like

dynamic Eq is a concept from FabFilter Pro Q it allows sidechaining 2 different Eq( from different channels) with one to control the compression of a frequency band of the other one,

very handy to avoid overload with some frequency ranges

thanks James I will try the mixer