Help-Video to Create Standalone?

I wondered if someone has already created a help-video, or might be interested in creating one to guide the less experienced SC-programmer, like myself, to create a Standalone app. I appreciate this will be a different process depending on platform (Mac, Windows, Linux). The instructions and code in the SC Help take some digesting, and a video could be very useful to the community of SC users.

not what you’re asking for but:
If you’re on osx this might help GitHub - dathinaios/sc_osx_standalone: A minimal SuperCollider standalone template for macOS.
on Linux GitHub - miguel-negrao/scStandalone: A template for a sclang based SuperCollider standalone

Thanks for this - I’m on MacOS, so will take a look at the first resource, which seems to be based around using Platypus to create a standalone.

the project gives you a working standalone in the form of a shell script. Platypus bundles the resources into a more familiar Mac App which is nice but it works fine even without Platypus.

Thanks for your help with this. I’ve made some progress with the method to create a mac Standalone, described at https://github.com/dathinaios/sc_osx_standalone. However, I’ve obtained the error messages below. Can anyone advise how to put this right? Thanks in advance!

paulrhys@Pauls-MBP-2 sc_osx_standalone-master % sh run.sh

readlink: illegal option – f

usage: readlink [-n] [file …]

compiling class library…

Found 855 primitives.

Compiling directory ‘/Users/paulrhys/Documents/Supercollider/Standalone App Creation/sc_osx_standalone-master/Resources/SCClassLibrary’

Compiling directory ‘SystemOverwrites’

Compiling directory ‘SCClassLibrary’

WARNING: Could not open directory: ‘plugins’

To resolve this, either create the directory or remove it from your compilation paths.

inside the Resources folder there should be a folder called ‘plugins’. you’ll need to copy this from Library/Application Support/Supercollider/Extensions

moreover anything you want in the way of Extensions would to copied as well - Downloaded Quarks folder etc

you can check the contents of your slang_conf.yaml file to see which quarks you are currently loading.

Thanks again for your help. I’ve advanced quite a bit further, but now hit a new error whe executing run.sh (“exception in GraphDef_Recv: UGen ‘Control’ not installed”). See below. Any ideas how to sort this out?

compiling class library…
Found 855 primitives.
Compiling directory ‘/Users/paulrhys/Documents/Supercollider/Standalone App Creation/sc_osx_standalone-master/Resources/SCClassLibrary’
Compiling directory ‘SystemOverwrites’
Compiling directory ‘SCClassLibrary’
Compiling directory ‘plugins’
numentries = 834570 / 12202144 = 0.068
5428 method selectors, 2248 classes
method table size 13289448 bytes, big table size 97617152
Number of Symbols 12164
Byte Code Size 364675
compiled 328 files in 0.57 seconds

Info: 2 methods are currently overwritten by extensions. To see which, execute:
MethodOverride.printAll

compile done
localhost : setting clientID to 0.
internal : setting clientID to 0.
Class tree inited in 0.01 seconds

*** Welcome to SuperCollider 3.12.2. *** For help type cmd-d.
Booting server ‘localhost’ on address 127.0.0.1:57110.
Number of Devices: 5
0 : “External Headphones”
1 : “MacBook Pro Microphone”
2 : “MacBook Pro Speakers”
3 : “Microsoft Teams Audio”
4 : “ZoomAudioD”

“MacBook Pro Microphone” Input Device
Streams: 1
0 channels 1

“External Headphones” Output Device
Streams: 1
0 channels 2

SC_AudioDriver: sample rate = 48000.000000, driver’s block size = 512
SuperCollider 3 server ready.
Requested notification messages from server ‘localhost’
localhost: server process’s maxLogins (1) matches with my options.
localhost: keeping clientID (0) as confirmed by server process.
exception in GraphDef_Recv: UGen ‘Control’ not installed.

hmm I fear I may have steered you wrong regarding copying the plugin folder

I notice in the vanilla project gives the “plugin folder not found error” but does play the sound in init.scd even so.

looking around I see that “plugins” does already exist in resources.

Your version has the line “Compiling directory ‘plugins’”

that suggests that the plugins directory is not in the right place -

I think the folder heirarchy should be

Resources

• plugins
  • Extensions

SCClassLibrary

is that what your seeing??

@Dionysis may know better as that is his repo!

Hello :slightly_smiling_face:

The plugin folder is already included. Not sure why it gave you that error. Can you delete everything and re-download the last release to try again? Also can you share which OS you are currently on?