I can't get SC to find the desired path

Hello,
I have a question about the routes in SuperCollider. Unlike Python and other languages this issue sometimes becomes a pain in the ass.
I have a scd document open, and I want to access another one on the same computer (but not in the same folder) with loadRelative. I can’t get SC to find the desired path. I know there is Quark Requires but I’d rather not have to use a Quark for this.
If the document is in the same containing folder, both the file .scd file where it is written (). loadRelative; there is no problem. But I can’t get SC to detect the path when that document is either on an external hard disk or in another folder. How do you solve this problem of relative and absolute paths?

It can’t detect the path, you need to tell it where the file is.

I find it better to get in the habit of working in project, here you copy all of the code and files you need into one folder.

1 Like

That’s just works, but sometimes I think that sc comes from the tradition of the " computation taking place in a sea of objects" . And we were moving slowly closer and closer to the idea of the IDE workspace. (If it makes sense…)

1 Like