Is it possible to run SC as an AU for my DAW?

Don’t build from the ‘supercollider’ folder in the cloned SuperColliderAU repo. Just clone SuperCollider repo then build SC then copy the ‘build’ folder into the ‘supercollider’ folder of SuperCollider then you can build SuperColliderAU and it should work and pass the auval.

(DO NOT replace or clone the SuperCollider repo in place of the ‘supercollider’ folder in the SuperColliderAU repo, it seems it contains proper files and libraries used to build SCAU, just copy the build folder there as mentioned above).

schelp file is also wrong / outdated.

try some of these to test if the SCAU server is running:

s = Server.remote(\auserver, NetAddr("localhost", 9989), ServerOptions.new);
s.notify;
s.startAliveThread;
s.initTree;
s.statusWatcher.serverRunning_(true);
s.statusWatcher.notified = true;
s.ping(10)
s.serverRunning;

when building a standalone with AudioUnitBuilder, make sure to update the listed directories in AudioUnitBuilder.sc as well as make sure Rez is installed along Xcode command line tools.

anyway, just popping in to ask about MIDI with SCAU…

fx SCAU run without issues but as soon as i try to get some MIDI involved (with aumf and aumu), i just can’t get MIDI notes to register and i just get a gate on first note on then nothing is registered afterwards.
seems like the first gate just instanciates the synthdef and stay at 1 forever.

i’ve got doNoteOn set to true and i’m aware of a bug that breaks it if BeatDiv is nil but setting it to a value still doesn’t solve the issue.

Does anyone have a working example of a MIDI “enabled” SCAU?