Library for chords

Hi,

I want to work through a book on music theory and would like to use supercollider and pianoteq to make audible what I read.

Is there any library that would allow me to directly use chord-specifications as they are used by musicians (eg “A7/C#”) to play them?

The quark system needs some love and care, all quarks should have (at least) a description and the ability to search through the classes they offer, as their names are often catchy, but completely opaque as to their functionality. As an example Republic which has no description nor a github readme, meaning you only know what it does, if you already know what it does.

What you are looking for @morgon is the MusicalNotation quark, which as it happens is actually named quite well and has a readme, although should be easier to find in the quarks window.

Run Quarks.gui and click the plus next to it. If you are on window and don’t have git installed, I’m sure some one here can help you, if your on mac or Linux, it is pretty painless.

It was painless to install but I am a bit surprised that it has not seen any updates in 4 years - is it perfect as it is or abandoned?