List of exit codes?

Is there a list of exit codes somewhere with their corresponding meanings?
I am trying to boot supernova on Windows and getting exit code -1073741676, and I don’t know what this means.

Typically 0 means success and 1 means failure. “strange” values like -1073741676 indicate that the Server has crashed :slight_smile:

Which version? AFAIK there’s no supernova for Windows prior to 3.12.

Then… I’m not sure of the status of audio device selection for Windows supernova. It looks here like it should more or less match scsynth… but it’s possible that there are some edge cases where it crashes…?

Can you let us know how you’re configuring s.options before booting?

hjh

Version = 3.12

My startup file includes this:

o = s.options;
o.inDevice = nil;
o.outDevice = "ASIO : ASIO4ALL";
o.memSize = 512 * 1024;
o.numOutputBusChannels = 16;

This works on scsynth, but when I evaluate Server.supernova and try to boot the server with Ctrl+b, then I get the aforementioned exotic exit code.

Hmmmm… In earlier SC versions, it wouldn’t have worked to have a nil input device in scsynth either (which is admittedly a problem for devices with no inputs). This was fixed in scsynth but it’s possible that it wasn’t fully fixed in supernova.

@MarcinP – any thoughts about this? (I remember you worked on scsynth device selection but I don’t recall who ported that to supernova.)

hjh

I tried setting the inDevice to ASIO4ALL, and this prevents the error. Supernova boots after a very long delay, initially showing over 50% CPU usage in the Server meter, but after Ctrl-., it goes down to 2-3%.

Often I use a USB DAC which has no input, only output. I would be interested to know how to set my audio devices so I can use it with supernova on Windows.

Ok, that narrows down the problem.

Someone else, a month or two ago, raised the question of using a no-input soundcard. For most of SC’s Windows lifetime, this hasn’t been supported – but with the recent improvements in scsynth device selection in Windows, there’s room to change that.

I’m afraid I don’t recall the current status of disabling input. It might work or it might not be implemented yet.

If it works at all, you would have to set numInputBusChannels to 0, and no inDevice.

If that fails, then 1/ I guess log it as a bug and 2/ as a workaround, you might try WASAPI and set a dummy input device.

hjh