Making standalones lighter

Hi,
I updated an standalone to work on 3.9. The old project was 16MB, and the new one in 3.9 is 242MB. Is there any way to make it lighter?
On a similar note, my old project didnt show IDE or help window, while the new one in 3.9 does. Is there any command to close these windows?
Thanks
Cheers
Uri

MacOsX.

I would appreciate some form of answer about this. Thanks!
Cheers
Uri

I’m not even sure who is responsible for maintaining standalones now, let alone how to answer your question.

Probably better to file an issue at github then.

hjh

i would recommend against filing a github issue for this. macos standalones are very much an experimental feature and i’m not sure who among the currently active developers knows about it or cares to support it. instead, you probably want to ask alberto de campo directly, since he is the author of the current guide (which i assume is what you are using): http://doc.sccode.org/Guides/standalones.html

Thanks for clarifying, Brian. I wasn’t sure to what extent standalones had been deprecated. (Should the scdoc standalone guide be moved to a wiki? Having it in the official documentation leads to the expectation of support.)

To translate this euphemism, then: standalones are basically at your own risk.

I’d personally recommend running sclang directly through a shell script that runs a specific .scd file, and don’t use the “standalone guide.” There are command line switches to force the use of a specific class library and configuration (ignoring default SC locations).

hjh

Thanks for clarifying, Brian. I wasn’t sure to what extent standalones had been deprecated. (Should the scdoc standalone guide be moved to a wiki? Having it in the official documentation leads to the expectation of support.)

I was certainly interested in making standalone creation a “standard feature” and I understand it is not so currently.

I had some ideas how to make the current documentation tutorial a bit more generic, as well as cross-platform, but I didn’t get to really wrap this up. I still hope to come back to this at some point.

Also I believe that we still have some pending PRs that would help with this.

I personally think it’s not worth it to move the guide to the wiki as I’d hope that one day it gets polished and making standalones is a more-or-less an official feature of SC. I’d try to help with that as much as I can.

m