Moving the supercollider webpage

Here a suggestion which I think is a good one:

2 Likes

agree! ‘supercollider.online’ would be great and thank you to @dscheiba for registering!

…my one concern - what happens to this domain if Dennis is abducted by aliens or otherwise disappears? How do we keep it “in the community”?

1 Like

I’d hope you’d search for me :o

On the other hand, the domain is managed via OVH, which allows to set up an IAM management - so although I would own the domain, it would be possible for others to manage it as well. If one of the maintainers has an OVH account, I am happy to give them full access to the domain, allowing them to configure it to their liking.

With this access it is also possible to approve an outgoing transfer which transfers the ownership of a domain (IIUC).

4 Likes

The scsynth.org forum is already hosted on a digitalocean instance. We could do something through them?

1 Like

In order to get things running I created a PR to move the official website to the proposed https://supercollider.online domain (currently the domain is not working b/c it is already setup to replace github.io address)

Feel free to discuss here or on GitHub any blockers, worries or support of this delicate action :slight_smile:

3 Likes