[NEVER MIND] Suggestion: Whitelist some web domains

My first post was put on hold so that a moderator could look at it. I don’t know why but my guess is that it was for the same reason that the same thing happened to me on the Django Discourse forum: I had included a few links.

If in fact it’s the case that posts with links are automatically suspended and queued for review, I suggest that the procedure doing so be provided a whitelist (the Django guys were able to do that) including at least the following domains:

This one.
github, ending in both com and io
sccode ending in org
wikipedia
My first post was put on hold so that a moderator could look at it. I don’t know why but my guess is that it was for the same reason that the same thing happened to me on the Django Discourse forum: I had included a few links.

If in fact it’s the case that posts with links are automatically suspended and queued for review, I suggest that the procedure doing so be provided a whitelist (the Django guys were able to do that) including at least the following domains. (I’m going to write them badly so that hopefully I don’t get blocked again.)

• this one (scsynth)
  • github, ending in both com and io
  • sccode ending in org
  • wikipedia

There are probably many more deserving the same treatment. Personally, I doubt a domain needs to present much value to the community in order to deserve to be on the list, as long as it doesn’t present the danger of letting spam leak through – but I’ll leave such moderation questions to the moderators.

Thanks.

Actually the flagged post had nothing to do with links. Discourse flags first time posts that were written in less than a certain (very small) amount of time, because they look like spambot posts. My guess is you wrote your post in a text editor and pasted it?

IIRC links to most common hosts are already whitelisted and I believe the number of links you need to have a post flagged is quite high on our server.

Haha you’re totally on top of it. Never mind, thank you :slight_smile:

(And yes, I wrote the question in a text editor before even creating my account.)