Reverb design guides

Im just gonna get straight to the point. Are there any good guides to designing your own reverb in supercollider?
All the supercollider guides ive seen just briefly touch it by showing some example code and then go on to the next subject. I really want to get deeper into understanding what reverb is, different kind of approaches to designing reverb and most importantly how to implement those ideas in supercollider. Because , for example, even if they talk about parallel comb filters feeded into allpassfilters, i can try to implement that, but then i notice adjusting some parameters from 0.001 to 0.002 can have a world of change and i dont understand why and i dont know what kind of effect every change in parameters should make.
So what is the best way to get deeper into this subject, with supercollider in mind?

Im just gonna get straight to the point. Are there any good guides to designing your own reverb in supercollider?
Perhaps
Artificial Reverberation | Physical Audio Signal Processing
can help.

1 Like

This video:

plus the whole reverb series (episodes 8-12):

will get you pretty far.

Sam

3 Likes

I’ll also add - those small changes can make a world of difference - not because if SuperCollider but because of general reverb theory, etc.
Any study you do of reverb will be applicable for any design you do in SC, either at the SynthDef or plug-in level.

/*
Josh Parmenter
www.realizedsound.net/josh
*/

I really like Tom Erbe’s video on designing the Erbe Verb and the history of artificial reverb:

He covers a ton of useful info and practices, and demonstrates the prototypes of each he built in PD.

2 Likes