I want to ask the best devices for my current project before I buy some products:
- Primary Machine: MacBook Pro.
- Secondary Machines: Multiple Microcomputers Such as Bela, Raspberry Pi. There should be at least eight secondary machines. The maximum number of secondary machines is open.
- All machines should be connected via one or more network devices by using Ethernet cable and Wi-Fi. The primary machine should be able to send OSC to each secondary machine and vice versa; The primary machine should receive OSC from each secondary machine and vice versa.
- Each secondary machine should have at least mono-channel analogue audio output (more robust than 2 Watt. The louder output, the better result!)
- Each of the secondary devices should attach at least one distance sensor, and the values from the sensor should be read in SuperCollider (or puredata).
- Each secondary device measures the distance between the sensor connected to itself and a visitor (or some visitors) in an exhibition space. The measured values should be read in real-time within SuperCollider (or puredata locally) on each device. SuperCollider or puredata will use the values from the sensor to locally control the sound, and some values should be able to send to the primary machine. The SuperCollider, puredata or Max should be able to control each SuperCollider (or puredata) on secondary machines to produce sound using the received values from the distances between each sensor on each secondary machine and visitors.
If you suggest one from Bela or Raspberry Pi or something else for my current project, I would like to know the following thing:
- Recommended product lists of proximity sensors that work without issues when using it with Bela or Raspberry Pi.
I could set up the same feature with a computer, an audio interface, and many Arduino boards. However, the USB cable lengths among the laptop and Arduino boards could be very long as well as the lengths of the wires from an Arduino board to a sensor could be relatively long. Thus, I am thinking about using RP or Bela to reduce time in installing devices.
I really appreciate any help you can provide. Sharing your own experience will help me very much!