Sc-osx-standalone: "file system relative paths not allowed in hardened programs" error

Hello,

I am trying to update sc-osx-standalone to use 3.11 and hopefully work on Catalina/Big Sur but a series of errors with the following form are thrown on startup:

*** ERROR: dlopen './Resources/plugins/GendynUGens_supernova.scx' err 'dlopen(./Resources/plugins/GendynUGens_supernova.scx, 2): no suitable image found.  Did find:
	file system relative paths not allowed in hardened programs'
*** ERROR: dlopen './Resources/plugins/UIUGens.scx' err 'dlopen(./Resources/plugins/UIUGens.scx, 2): no suitable image found.  Did find:
	file system relative paths not allowed in hardened programs'
etc....

So it appears that plugins are not loading correctly. As far as I can tell this has something to do with MacOS sandboxing but I am really not sure. Does anyone have any pointers on how to resolve such an issue?

Best Wishes,

Dionysis

I had SuperCollider 3.11 on Mac OS High Sierra and sc-osx-standalone work fine. I upgraded to Mac OS 11 and SuperCollider to 3.12 and I am getting that same error.

1 Like

HI :slightly_smiling_face:

I am surprised it was working for you on 3.11! As far as I remember, I never managed to get it to work and that was not for lack of trying. Would love to be able to resolve this and get this method for stand-alone apps going again but I am quite stuck…

Will try to have another look at some point. Maybe I can create the failing structure and post it here for people to try it and give feedback :thinking: