Thormulator - A Real-Time Musical Partner for the Adventurous Performer

It is with great excitement that I present THORMULATOR - a performance app catering to improvised music. Here is an excerpt from the long read at https://thormulator.com/

“Thormulator is a dynamic, real-time musical collaborator that analyzes both MIDI data and audio signals, interprets musical gestures – specific features of the performer’s playing, such as dynamics, timing, pitch, and articulation – and responds by adjusting sound, altering structure, or generating new audio. It adapts to various musical contexts through sophisticated awareness logic and decision-making algorithms, ensuring musically appropriate and contextually relevant responses”

The article does not go into too much technical detail, but feel free to ask me.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank everybody from the forum who has helped me in the process. I started 3 years ago with an idea in my head and no programming experience - what a ride!

5 Likes

Here is another performance using Thormulator. This one really surprised me - I had not thought of dub music in any way when designing the system, yet the system responded to my playing in a very dub’y way.

1 Like