Upcoming SuperCollider course physically at Elektronmusikstudion EMS in Stockholm

Patterns in SuperCollider with SuperClean
is not your average SuperCollider course.

Course plan and implementation

• Get sat up to have SuperCollider automagically boot with sensible defaults.
  • Sequence your own samples in a CPU efficient way without all the hassle.
  • Use the built in effect chain, FM and additive synths to find your personal sound.
  • Integrate best practices regarding safety into a workflow you know you can trust.

All of the above and more on day one. The course aims to get everyone over the initial threshold to a place where they are using SuperCollider with confidence and personal expressivity. Through its unique approach of focusing on the Patterns paradigm, and providing something truly expressive to sequence, the course offers unparalleled coherence and approachability.

Isn’t SuperCollider just for 1337 hax0rz and genius types?
Regardless if this is your first or umpteenth time trying to get into SuperCollider this course will not only get you there, but make sure you stay there.

Why should I learn SuperCollider when I can do anything in my DAW of choice?
Really though, can you? Throughout the course we will explore new approaches to making music and organizing sound in powerful and abstracted ways.

Through the use of algorithmic composition, defining musical outcomes through parameterization and generative design concepts, together we’ll uncover emergent behavior far beyond the confines of linearity. Countless infinities of variation to be constructed with ease from an elegant subset of a uniquely powerful language.

About the teacher:
Daniel M Karlsson is a composer focused primarily on texture and timbre.
Works extensively with algorithmic composition.
www.danielmkarlsson.com/superclean-installparty/
www.github.com/danielmkarlsson/superclean

Application is open to everyone who is able to be physically present in Stockholm for the 4 weekends in September:
http://elektronmusikstudion.se/courses

Please spread the word.

1 Like