Hi, I’m happy to announce a test release of VSTPlugin v0.2. You can download binaries here: https://git.iem.at/pd/vstplugin/-/releases
If possible, please report bugs at https://git.iem.at/pd/vstplugin/issues
Otherwise just leave them here in the comments.
- VST2 shell plugin support (e.g. “Waves”)
- (experimental) VST3 support including sample accurate automation and auxiliary inputs/outputs for side-chaining
- potential macOS GUI editor for Supercollider (see https://github.com/supercollider/supercollider/pull/4499)
- faster search/probe (parallel)
- cache search/probe results in a file to speed up subsequent searches
- VSTPluginController: ‘set’ and ‘get’ now also accept parameter names instead of indices.
- VSTPlugin.ar now accepts an ‘info’ argument, which allows ‘params’ to contain parameter names instead of indices. You can also ommit the name/path argument in VSTPluginController.open.
- *Msg versions for all relevant methods to enable NRT synthesis and bundling.
- You don’t have to wait anymore between creating a Synth and calling ‘open’, e.g.:
- deprecated ‘parameterNames’ and ‘parameterLabels’ in plugin info. The info has now a member called ‘parameters’ which is an Array of parameter info Events (with ‘name’ and ‘label’ being the only members so far).
- fixed possible crasher bugs when the UGen is freed while asynchronous commands are still running
- use .ini like syntax for plugin info
- hard-bypass prefers the plugin’s bypass method
- single event loop shared by all plugins
- many changes to the OSC interface, UGen arguments and plugin info file structure