What does `thisProcess.nowExecutingPath` return in editor environments other than SC-IDE, SCEL and Terminal (command prompt)?

Hello,

I would like to ask users who use editor environments other than SC-IDE, SCEL and Terminal (command prompt) to respond in this thread or in the following PR what thisProcess.nowExecutingPath returns in editor environments other than SC-IDE, SCEL and Terminal (command prompt):

The current help document states:

This method is supported in the SuperCollider IDE, the macOS-only SuperCollider.app, and the scel (SuperCollider-Emacs-Lisp) environment. In other editor environments, it will return nil.

SC-IDE is no longer the MacOS-only SuperCollider.app. It should be updated correctly.
It is also better to check what thisProcess.nowExecutingPath returns in editor environments other than SC-IDE, SCEL and Terminal (command prompt).

There have also been several questions, including mine, about getting the path. I hope that with the PR above this part can be updated so that new users do not have to search the internet for a solution.

p.s.:

I recently read a comment that when implementing a new feature in SuperCollider, a third-party package should be included in a SuperCollider installation package to use it without an internet connection. However, the following things will prevent users from using SuperCollider without an internet connection

• insufficient information
  • wrong information

So I try to include as much information as possible.
I would appreciate your help.

thisProcess.nowExecutingPath returns the path in vscodium ā€“ so thereā€™s one ā€œother editorā€ that doesnā€™t return nil.

hjh

1 Like

thisProcess.nowExecutingPath also works as expected in Neovim!

1 Like

VSCode plugin on macos returned the path to the current file.

1 Like