We are pleased to announce this release of SuperCollider 3.11.1! The release is available on GitHub here: https://github.com/supercollider/supercollider/releases/tag/Version-3.11.1.
Notable improvements in this version include:
- the IDE and sclang GUI components now have better support on high-resolution displays on Windows (PR 4850)
- scsynth now supports non-ASCII device names on Windows (PR 4479)
- Cmd-W now closes GUI windows again on macOS (PR 4821)
- passing a nil spec to NamedControl no longer overwrites a spec in SynthDef metadata (PR 4817)
- fixed a major cause of obscure and confusing failures in communication between IDE and sclang (PR 5015)
As always, see CHANGELOG.md with the release for complete changelog information.
SuperCollider is tested with:
- Windows 10 (32- and 64-bit) and MSVC 2017
- macOS 10.13 and Xcode 9.4
- Ubuntu 14.04 and gcc 4.9
SuperCollider is known to support these platforms:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10
- macOS 10.13-10.15
- Ubuntu 14.04-18.04
There is also a new release candidate for sc3-plugins: https://github.com/supercollider/sc3-plugins/releases/Version-3.11.0-rc3, since some time has elapsed since the last release candidate, rc2. macOS Catalina users, please report any issues opening the signed plugins.
Thank you to all the contributors who made this release possible!