We are pleased to announce this release candidate of SuperCollider 3.11.1! Please note this is a release candidate meant for user testing, and not an official release. If no major issues are found in the release candidate, a proper release will be made in about two weeks.
The release is available on GitHub here: https://github.com/supercollider/supercollider/releases/tag/Version-3.11.1-rc1. Please give it a try, and report any bugs – especially bugs in things that used to work in 3.11.0 – at https://github.com/supercollider/supercollider/issues.
Notable improvements in this version include:
- the IDE and sclang GUI components now have better support on high-resolution displays on Windows (PR 4850)
- scsynth now supports non-ASCII device names on Windows (PR 4479)
- Cmd-W now closes GUI windows again on macOS (PR 4821)
- passing a nil spec to NamedControl no longer overwrites a spec in SynthDef metadata (PR 4817)
- fixed a major cause of obscure and confusing failures in communication between IDE and sclang (PR 5015)
As always, see CHANGELOG.md with the release for complete changelog information.
SuperCollider is tested with:
- Windows 10 (32- and 64-bit) and MSVC 2017
- macOS 10.13 and Xcode 9.4
- Ubuntu 14.04 and gcc 4.9
SuperCollider is known to support these platforms:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10
- macOS 10.13-10.15
- Ubuntu 14.04-18.04