Is the SC help document easy on the eyes (font, line and paragraph spacing, tables, punctuation, etc.)?

When I saw the current help document, it was nice and compact. As a kind of technical documentation, I thought it was perfect.

Meanwhile, I am getting older and have had some problems with my eyesight due to presbyopia, which could be one reason why I feel the use of help documents is getting worse. More importantly, the design itself could be improved for better UX (user experience).

Currently, I feel that the SC help document is not as eye-friendly as it used to be compared to current Windows, macOS, Ubuntu, iOS and Android OS.

I would like to ask other users if the SC help document is comfortable to read from a screen (and from paper). The post of the thread I wrote to address this (and some other issues) summarises what I did to solve the problem:

If the reader of this post also feels the need for better looking SC help documentation, could you please leave your comments here or on the PRs I have made, which you can see via the above post?

The above thread focuses on mathematical expressions, so I think a new thread like this is needed.

I ask you to leave a general and overarching ideas here, and leave opinions on specific PRs in the corresponding PRs.

I think it is unlikely that these PRs will be approved, but I also think it is important to let the developers know the needs of the users…

fwiw, my eyesight suck too but have no problem with hitting cmd and [+] until i reach the sweet spot. (as a mac user).

edit: For the record, i am 49 years old with terrible eye sight and can’t afford progressive lenses. I can’t fault the IDE for anything here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Lukiss
Thank you for your opinion. I am 51 years old. I also have no problem evaluating code.

In fact, my question was about the convenience of reading a help document and the user experience of using the help document to read and write. I removed the word IDE to avoid an unexpected response like yours. About the IDE, I wrote my wishes in the following thread:

@Lukiss
It is also my fault. I should have been clearer. I checked my writing before posting, but I never thought that my question could be read in the way you interpreted it. I sincerely apologise.

`

I would prefer an easier configuration. In general, dark or sepia would be better for my eyes. But light themes are important if you’re in a very bright place.

1 Like

Id love to be able to tweak it as much I want. Like terminal. Opaque, blurring. I guess there are many examples out there. The help docs don’t have cmd +. It doesn’t work. Also,Help doc doesn’t step forward after evaluating a line

You can create a custom.css file in the Help folder and change some things. It is evaluated after the main one, so your changes will have priority. It isn’t enjoyable, but it’s possible.

1 Like