Screenshots of SC in action

Thanks for the reply! In the end it turned out to have something to do with the leading whitespace on each line. I’ve removed this, re-indented it and afterwards it simply worked. I have no idea why this is, but I’m happy!

This looks cool! Can you tell us what exactly we’re looking at?

It’s a lightweight sampler modeled after an SP404/ OctaTrack. It uses a Playbuf Ugen and has 6 tracks. Each track has 4 channels that can crossfade in/out (mainly meant for djing/ live stuff). Also has quick array manipulators and commonly used patterns (pseq, pslide, pseries, pn) / amp configs for on the fly beat updates. Just finished coding up the database integration to save/ load configs.

It’s my first SC project and I started working on it for a friend, who loves SC, but doesn’t know how to code. It has a ton of limitations, but has been a fun project and taught me a lot.

1 Like

i’ve been using scnvim lately and some custom ui components

3 Likes

Hey @droptableuser,

Is that LevelMeter in the top left custom? Also, is that a custom FreqScope? Looks really nice.

This looks sweet, is it available to peruse?

Here’s a showcase of my GUI setup:

1 Like

That white on white theme is nearly as popular as black on black

amazing work, @nathan

Hey @muzikman

It’s on my GitHub repo here: GitHub - spyridonpallis/SuperCollider-Sampler: Boilerplate code for a real-time audio sampler built using SuperCollider

If still kind of in prototype phase- but if you need help initializing feel free to send me a message!

@finalspyro, code for the levelmeter is here - droptableuser/meter.scd at master · dmorgan-github/droptableuser · GitHub

i basically just extracted some of the code from the stock s.meter and modified

my function expects a NodeProxy as an argument
so you can just copy it and use it like this:

Ndef(\test, {SinOsc.ar(220)!2 * 0.1 * SinOsc.kr(1).unipolar});
Ndef(\test).play;
~func.(Ndef(\test)).front

same idea with the freqscope - the code is here - droptableuser/freqscope.scd at master · dmorgan-github/droptableuser · GitHub

it may not work without a couple of minor modifications, though, if you copy the function and replace node.color with any color then i think it should work with any audio rate NodeProxy

2 Likes

Amazing work! Thank you for sharing @droptableuser

Behind Emacs is the Help.gui;

4 Likes