Screenshots of SC in action

How does your typical SuperCollider work looks like? How do you usually arrange windows, meters, scopes when working? Which IDE do you use, what colours, etc… Do you use your own custom GUI interfaces? This thread is to show(off) your screens in different situations. Show us your environment in this thread.

(ps: perhaps some of the screenshots find their way to SC page or Wikipedia page about SuperCollider, so keep that in mind - or let us know if you wouldn’t like that. Do you publish your screenshots here to be shared under a permissive CC licence?)

3 Likes

Here’s my current setup with Emacs, SCEL, with i3 window manager, Ubuntu Linux.

4 Likes

Just the regular IDE. Hasklig as a code font, light color scheme because I’m working on my sunny balcony while there’s still sun :slight_smile:
ServerView + NodeSnapshot quarks for visualization and debugging.

3 Likes

Hello, just a question… How did you get dark thème menu title bar for SuperCollider IDE in macOs?
It’s a long time i try to get the same, but never get success (with Qt in general to). Thank you.
Mika.

System Preferences -> General -> Appearance -> Dark

Yes thank you. Of course in preferences, but for me it’s not working… Only with SCIDE, and some Qt (Pyside2) python app’s i made. I now there is a command to force dark title menu bar:

defaults write <App id> NSRequiresAquaSystemAppearance 0

But for SCIDE everything’s goes dark and you cannot use it. I’am on the last Catalina (it never worked since dark theme in OS X).

I don’t want to pollute this topic any more… Sorry.
Mika.

Oh i see what you mean now, sorry for the confusion. I don’t know how to change that either.

ServerView looks amazing! Will check it out ASAP.

Using Scnvim on Arch Linux/Sway. Pure text these days with the base16-seti color theme.

1 Like

I have just recently switched to SCEL and I quite like it. The left panel is where I initialize and load in presets for the current patch I’m working on. The right panel is used to build real-time subpatches that kind of branch from the preset loaded in. I then route audio to Reaper, which makes it quite convenient for adding fancy post-processing as well as a seamless way to edit/splice SC into new phrases/sampling material.

Any recommendations for good SCEL themes?

3 Likes

My performance interface in operation. The TextView code editor is just for performance; I use the regular IDE for normal development.

hjh

2 Likes

Not sure I have a typical supercollider look and feel, since I use it for multiple different things.

Here’s a movie where you can see in action a small part of an interface I created for my sequential rev2 hardware synthesizer made completely in sclang. It’s a bidirectional interface, in the sense that whatever I change in the UI has an immediate effect in the synth, and whatever I change on the synth automatically is observed and displayed by the UI. You can argue about the look and feel of it all, but it works for me :wink:

1 Like

SuperClean running in David Granström’s amazing scnvim inside of Kitty on mac os 10.12.6 (awful, I know), the font is IBM Plex Mono Medium with custom color scheme which is always white on black no matter what. Behind this I am using sound flower kernel extension routing all audio at all times to Reaper. This look and feel is what I always wanted. I find it focuses my attention.

2 Likes

SuperCollider Help in Dark Grey:

5 Likes

I want to see more! Especially EMACS with code completion?

I took this screenshot when working on my last track, we can see a few tools from the quark I develop

4 Likes

Hi Luka,

Love the look of your setup! Can I ask you how you managed to get the dark help browser window? I’ve tried the hacks on this page to achieve this, but somehow the background remains painfully white. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Marc

nvim in Kitty - Melange theme - borderless transparent windows for graphic stuffs…

2 Likes

My setup. Still a work in progress but it’s coming along.

4 Likes

make sure that you recompile the library/sclang (or completely exit the program)

has anything changed colour? text? links? if not, then the changed css snippet is not reaching the help system at all. I have the code snippet as on the page you linked and it works.

1 Like