SuperCollider spatial performance tool: Live 4 Life

Hello,

I should have posted this information before on this forum…
I would like to share a spatial performance tool, I’ve been developing for several years in SC.
I am not a professional developer, so you should not expect to see beautiful code and a standard way of coding (do not blame me), but I’ve been using this tool for several spatial improvisations in concerts with domes or rings of loudspeakers.

The whole code is on Github: https://github.com/Xon77/Live4Life.
It includes all details to install it, as well as references and specific mentions.
Even though I try to document it as much as possible, especially with a wiki, which is in construction, it is quite complex to install and use, since it was first tailored to my spatial dreams, to link space and rhythm. You can contact me directly if you need help and want to test.

I will do research and training workshops on spatial improvisation with this tool at CIRMMT in Montréal in march/April.
You can find this specific event on CIRMMT website.
If you are there, I will be happy to show you this tool.

As I say in the acknowledgements, I would have been unable to build this tool without the help of this beautiful SuperCollider online community.

I will let you know in this post about future presentations and workshops.

Many thanks to All,

Christophe

7 Likes

Hello,

Next Wednesday, tomorrow, March 8, I will present on Zoom, as part of the Spatial Audio Meetup organized by Notam, the spatial performance tool Live 4 Life that I have been developing on SuperCollider for over 12 years. Several thousand hours given, more than any human relationship I have known. Being in English, I will do my best to be understandable to everyone. I will discuss some concepts about spatialization, my open source motivations behind this tool, its possibilities and limits in spatialized sound creations and improvizations and some aspects of the future of this tool.

You can see the details of the presentation on the FaceBook event with the link to Zoom Meeting.

Many thanks,

Best,

Christophe

3 Likes

Hello,

I would like to announce several events (spatial workshops and performative installations) in Montréal and Paris with SuperCollider during this month:

• a one-day spatial workshop with a 32-loudspeaker dome in Montréal on Saturday, May 13 about the tool I’ve been developing in Supercollider for several years Live 4 Life. This free workshop will be given in french. But depending on the audience, I may speak in english. For registration to this workshop and further details, please use the this google form.

• a spatial performative participative installation with a 32-loudspeaker dome in Montréal on Friday, May 12 at 7pm and on Sunday, May 14 at 3pm. You can find all the information via the links pointing to FaceBook free events.

• a spatial workshop with 4 loudspeakers in Paris during ISEA conference on Wednesday, May 17. For registration to this workshop and further details, please use this google form.
    It is mentioned in the form to choose between two sessions (morning and afternoon), but if people want a longer training, they can contact me via the email mentioned at the end of the form, so that I can adapt the training for the day according to the needs, because I have a lot of information and topics to discuss. So each session will also adapt to everyone’s questions.
    Participation for the day at the conference costs 40 euros or 20 euros for artists and students. There is also a weekly package.

Many thanks,

Best,

Christophe Lengelé