Users in Germany?

Heyhey,

thought it might be nice to see how many people in Germany are using SC, if there are others in the region I live in (Weimar, Thüringen) etc. If someone else has already done this or if there’s an SC DE group or something I’d love to know about it!

Cheers,
Jordan

1 Like

hey, im from Cologne :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not super far at least. Leipzig here!

Oh, surprised to see another Leipzigian here.
I haven’t gotten to know any other SuperCollider users here except Sébastien: Lignes de Fuite | Sébastien Branche | mappa

I met and played a bit with Sebastien when I was living in Leipzig like 5 years ago, long before I was using SC - and I think before he was, too!

Based in Berlin and doing mostly live coding!

Hello from the deep southwest, I’m near Freiburg (im Breisgau)!

I’m in Berlin! A lot of SC users here, though I don’t know of any regular in-person meetups or anything (these would have been disrupted in the last year anyway…). I was thinking about running some workshops here this winter, depending on the c**** situation.

2 Likes

I would probably come to Berlin for those depending on workshop content!

About 5 years ago I was in an art space in Berlin and the guy at the bar mentioned something about a live coding meetup - I had never heard of it back then (and didn’t find it interesting, haha). Ias wondering if any of these are still going on, or if it might be worth starting something similar eg. in Leipzig? I also heard of an algorave in Leipzig maybe in 2019 in Pracht - anyone know anything about that?

1 Like

Mhm, i know of an art performance in 2019 in Leipzig, where they used Supercollider and something with more than 2 (or stereo) outputs. It also included a lot of dancers or actors or something along the line. It was at the Kontor 80. I at least visited that event. I don’t recall something like this being in the Pracht, but I also just go there every 2 times in a year or so…
I’ve never heard about a live coding event in Leipzig. But would surely be up for that. I mean there’s at least 3 Hackerspaces in Leipzig and many more locations for that to be possible.

hi! i’m currently in Düsseldorf
tinkering with sc3 library in python

heya, i´m based in hamburg but in berlin regularly…working on a spatial audio environment and would love to meet up with some sc users to exchange, contribute, to give and get help…

hi. im from Mannheim)

hello! i’m based in cologne

How did you hear about that? I had that idea and talked to a couple of people about that. Interesting how fast the word is spreading. :fast_forward:

So yeah, would be great to bring livecoding to the city. Other than some performances at Kontor80 or Renick Bell at Pracht, I’ve never seen any livecoding shows here. Though I heard that the WUEST collective in Halle/Saale (instagram: @wuest_halle) once booked a livecoding act for one of their events.

1 Like

I think someone I know was there and posted it on Instagram or something haha.

Seems like there are a few different trends:

1. People in Berlin
  2. People in Leipzig
  3. People elsewhere

Might be worth trying to get regular meetups going for Leipzig + Berlin and also something DE-wide a few times a year - are people interested in / motivated for this?

3 Likes

would be up for this! :slight_smile: (berlin/wuppertal here)

Hi,
I will be in Berlin after June next year…It would be great if there were some kind of SC meetup. Please keep the list posted on this :slight_smile:

I’ll start a separate thread to brainstorm a Berlin+Leipzig meetup. I think there’s plenty of interest, probably the only challenge is organizing a space - I think most organizations are (very justifiably) cautious about hosting things right now, but I have a few ideas on that front…

FWIW, there’s also a new round of online SuperCollider meetups that will be scheduled in the coming days, will announce very soon!

2 Likes

thanks for the initiative! I’m definitely down for participating - or even setting up events and/or meetings.

in a similar vein, where do you think would be a good place to brainstorm and connect regarding the Algorave birthday in March and setting up local events? should we do that in the TOPLAP discord?